Monday, February 11, 2013

Quickie Vacation

I must be out of my mind. Seriously! For the fact of putting up a post immediately after one published a day earlier. Or maybe, I've nothing else to do apart from thinking bad English and putting up nonsense here as always.

And this repeats to the vacation that lasted. For Ten. Full. Days.
Yes! A vacation that never seemed to cease until the D-Day arrived. Which is today, the 12th of February.

Sometimes 12th of February reminds me of a school friend. He used to dress up in some colorful shirt with red, white and violet flowers all over and a simple khaki pants to cover it up. And some sneakers not to forget, the ultimate pleasure in skipping shoes for one single day. And his torn bag was filled with books and one small tiffin box, which used to have some awesome "Mango Bite" candies to be shared with. The entire classroom used to wait for those candies and everyone was poking the teacher to begin the birthday song. Even the teachers were a little greedy, for they used to get higher numbers, three to be exact, compared to one per kid in the class. And thus, began the royal red carpet welcome for our boy and the entire class used to stand up and began.

"Happy Birthday to You!..."

It feels ridiculous to sing that song now. Many do the same thing, reasons unknown. Must be shyness, or feeling childish for a flicker or just pla8in attitude. I don't know. I just sing but NOT in the eyes of the celebrity of that day. I really don't know. Coming back, after wishing the boy starts to share his "toffees" to the class as mentioned, one per kid. The entire box was offered but we were allowed to pick up only one from the lot. Sometimes, I felt like snatching the tin box itself but feared, reasons again, unknown.

Just after this thought, came the thought of that flight which I feel, to never take. To always sit around, lazying like a lion, eating heartily at others' cost. Let's not get into life, as one pal lectures about. I know, I need to be serious at times and that return ticket reminds me just of that which I'm happy about. But, let's summarize what I did.

Beginning with family, embracing them in that chilly weather, began the day I arrived. And then, began series of meetings with friends and some food to binge upon. And er.. a party to finish them all only at the unwilling acceptance to celebrate. And, not a single day did I work!

And thus, that time comes when the question returns, "So, when're you coming back next time?" for which has no answer until I catch that flight again..

See you in Singapore!

An Edit: On the way to Singapore..

I can't spare a new post for this. So, stuffing this here itself. Flying by the classy, Singapore Airlines for the first time sure gives a bit of jitters as the crowd around, be it that Indian fellow in his shorts with his beautiful looking wife/girlfriend beside or that whitey guy who just cribs about service. It was just a classy flight, with lush interiors, ample leg room and a host of menu options. Switching from a budget airlines to such is quite a transition and I hope it just doesn't make me addicted to.

Only problem is, you have far less time to sleep after appreciating the courtesy, which took nearly half of the journey's time.

No comments: